Did you know there is free money out there for you? It’s true. Maybe even DOUBLE money! No, this isn’t Vegas, but Fort Collins Utilities is offering double rebates on select appliances and fixtures for residential Utilities customers in addition to their standard rebates available throughout the year.
Let’s take a look at what’s available, how you can apply and qualify, and even a few tips to maximize your home’s energy ROI.
Residential Double Rebates Available:
- $70 bill credit (regularly $35) for recycling older qualified refrigerators and freezers.
- $50 bill credit (regularly $25) for purchasing a qualified ENERGY STAR® dishwasher.
- $100 bill credit (regularly $50) for purchasing a qualified ENERGY STAR® clothes washer.
- $100 or $150 bill credit (regularly $50 or $75) for replacing and recycling up to two toilets with WaterSense® toilets.
Purchases must be made before Dec. 31, 2016, with applications submitted by Jan. 15, 2017, to receive the double rebates. Refrigerators or freezers for recycling must be scheduled for pickup by Jan. 31, 2017.
Applications and qualification details are available at participating retailers and fcgov.com/rebates-programs. For more information, call 970-212-2900, email [email protected] or V/TDD 711. Aids and services are available for persons with disabilities.
Not sure you’ll be able to make a purchase before the end of the year? No worries! You can get rebates year-round – just not the double rebates that are happening for the rest of this year.
Year-Round Residential Rebates:
- Clothes Washer and Dishwasher Rebates
- Refrigerator and Freezer Recycling Rebates
- Toilet Rebates and Recycling
- Showerhead Rebates
- Home Efficiency Audits and Rebates
- Multi-family Housing Rebates
- Sprinkler System Rebates and Audits
Once you have utilized as many rebate programs as you can, there are additional ways you can ensure you get the most from your systems at home and keep more green in your wallet.
A few tips for maximizing your home energy improvement returns:
- It may be time to recycle that old refrigerator that mom gave you when you first moved out. Replacing the older appliances in your home with certified energy efficient appliances can go a long way toward saving energy and lowering your electric bills.
- Use fluorescent light bulbs for places you’d like to keep the lights on at length. Keep in mind, if you like to flip the switch a lot, this can shorten their life span.
- Don’t forget to tell your thermostat what to do! Program it to control your climate and allow for customized temperature settings during the day, evening, and especially when you're away from home on vacation.
- Got cracked or whispering windows? Replacing old windows with windows that provide better insulation will keep the elements out during the extreme weather seasons of summer and winter and keep your bills down.
- Check out the Fort Collins Utilities’ grants/rebates for making your home energy efficient.
- Consider a home improvement loan to help you cover the initial cost of any upgrades. In time, your savings will cover your output.
To schedule a Home Efficiency Audit, complete the online form or call 877-981-1888.
Efficiency Rebates for Your Business
Fort Collins Utilities’ Efficiency Works-Business program is resuming approval of rebate applications, thanks to an additional $1.46 million in funding that was approved by City Council on July 19.
Qualifications & Eligibility:
- Applicants must be an active Fort Collins Utilities water or electric customer account in the name of the individual or legal business entity for the premise is required
- Applicants must be a Fort Collins Utilities water customer and/or small commercial (E200, E250 rate classes) building owner
- The building can have only one electric or water meter
- All upgrades must begin with a pre-approval from Efficiency Works
For more information, click here.